Wayne Art Center Policies and Information
Classes and Workshops
- Tuition is due in full when registering for classes and workshops. Tuition will not be prorated.
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to cancel or postpone any program or activity due to insufficient enrollment, faculty availability, or any other unforeseen circumstance.
- If Wayne Art Center cancels the class or workshop, payment will be refunded in full or credited to a future class.
- Workshop fees are non-refundable.
- No adjustments will be made for student absences. Refunds and credits cannot be issued for classes missed because of illness, personal emergencies, or any other event beyond Wayne Art Center’s control.
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to substitute instructors as needed. Classes canceled due to teachers’ absences or weather will have a make-up class scheduled.
- Students may withdrawal from a class, in writing, no less than ten (10) days before the start of class to receive a partial credit. 85% of the tuition will be credited towards another class to be taken within one year from the scheduled start date of the class.
- Refunds are only issued if Wayne Art Center cancels the class.
- Wayne Art Center is member supported therefore membership is required to enroll in a full-term class.
- Membership dues are non-refundable.
- Memberships run annually from September 1 – August 31.
Permission to Photograph
- Wayne Art Center reserves the right to photograph any work, class, student, or event, and to reproduce the images at its discretion without incurring any obligations.
- Wayne Art Center is not responsible for any injury, loss, or illness resulting from the use of Wayne Art Center’s services and premises. All students accept full responsibility for personal injury/or personal losses.
Summer Art Camp
- All classes offered are subject to a minimum enrollment. If your child’s class is cancelled, you will be contacted and offered another class option when possible. If no other option is available, we will issue a refund for any classes cancelled by WAC.
- Cancellations requested a minimum of ten (10) days BEFORE the start of classes will be accepted for a CREDIT to your account (minus a 15% administrative fee). No credits will be given if camper cancels within 9 days of the first class meeting, or after class begins.
- Credits cannot be issued for classes missed because of illness, personal emergencies, or any other event beyond Wayne Art Center’s control.
- Each child enrolled in Summer Art Camp is required to submit a completed medical and emergency form before coming to camp.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Please contact the office for more information.
Covid 19 Code of Conduct
- All students and faculty are required to wear masks covering mouth and nose when inside Wayne Art Center’s buildings. Face shields are not a substitute for a face mask.
- Outdoor Activities: masks may be removed if appropriate social distance can be kept. Food and beverages should be consumed outdoors.
- Enrollment in classes and workshops is limited to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Thermometers are available at the entrances for self-checking of temperature.
- Sanitation stations are available throughout the facility.
Weather Related Closures
- In the event of a closure due to inclement weather, an announcement will be posted on the front page of our website. You can also sign up for text alerts. To sign up for text alerts please go to the ‘Follow Us’ section of the home page.
- Closures will be posted on KWY – day classes are school code 531; evening classes are school code 2531.
- Gift certificates are available and are not redeemable for cash. Gift Certificates are redeemable for classes and workshops.
- Open studio is open to registration for Wayne Art Center members, currently enrolled in class who would like extra time to complete class projects. Open studio is not for completing work from home or another studio.
- Please refer to the Ceramic Studio Guidelines for materials use and firing information.
- Open studio’s tuition is not transferrable and not refundable.