Art and Music Educators
Wayne Art Center accepts applications for teaching artists and musicians on an on-going basis. Please submit the following to email@example.com
- cover letter
- resume or CV
- teaching statement
- work samples
- artists – please submit jpegs, or links to files hosted on Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- musicians – please submit a recording or links to SoundCloud, Youtube, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- for youth instructors, please submit FBI clearance, PA State Police clearance, and PA child clearances
Summer Art 2021 Camp Teachers
Ceramics and Elementary Art class opportunities for children – ages 5-9+ years old. Teachers are needed for one week sessions for the month of August. Please RSVP via email, or call 610.688.3553 if you are available to teach in August… or if you know of another teacher that might want to join our Summer Camp teaching staff!
Wayne Art Center is seeking a part-time Registrar to work several evenings and rotating weekends.
We are looking for someone within close proximity (5 miles) to WAYNE Art Center with good computer skills and the ability to quickly learn our database and student registration system. The candidate should be flexible, able to multi-task and willing to perform a wide variety of studio-school related tasks.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required as this position is the first direct link between the community, administration, students and faculty.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ceramic Studio Technician
Reports To: Executive Director and Ceramic Studio Manager
Status: Part Time
In support of and in alignment with the mission and policies of Wayne Art Center, the Ceramics Studio Technician will assist the Ceramic Studio Manager in the daily operations of the Ceramics Studio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned).
- Dependable and ability to adhere to the weekly work schedule as directed.
- Mix, maintain and supply clay for all studios and maintain reclaimed clay.
- Mix and maintain all glazes and washes for the studio as directed.
- Help load and unload kilns.
- Assist with firing reduction gas kiln.
- Ability to use power tools such as drills, grinders, etc.
- Assist with unloading clay and supply inventories.
- Carefully handle student work and ensure the timely progression of work from creation to firing.
- Respond to student/faculty inquiries.
- Provide regular updates to Ceramic Studio Manager.
- Provide staff assistance for classes and open studios as needed
- Interact with and maintain a professional and effective relationship with WAC constituencies to include faculty, students, members, interns, volunteers and other patrons.
- Assist with the daily maintenance of the Ceramics Studio, ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
- Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.F.A in Ceramics preferred or equivalent training (minimum 1 year) required.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of working in and maintaining a community based ceramic studio and knowledgeable about all ceramic materials, equipment and processes.
- Experience loading, firing, and unloading electric, gas and Raku kilns.
- Knowledge of glazes and glaze mixing.
- Experience utilizing all other commonly used supplies and equipment found in a pottery studio.
- Aptitude for and experience diagnosing and repairing ceramic studio equipment.
- Commitment to the mission, goals, and policies of Wayne Art Center.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Wayne Art Center working directly with the public through classes and other public activities.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office, with an aptitude for technology.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key constituencies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility, creative thinking and ability to bring problems to a successful resolution.
- Basic computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office. An aptitude for technology and ability to learn other platforms as needed.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain a high degree of confidentiality and ability to identify and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Appropriate and professional behavior dealing with staff, faculty, students and volunteers.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized with attention to detail.
- Self-directed style, ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently with only moderate direction or supervision. Effectively follows through on assignments
- Take ownership of issues and action items.
- Flexible, open to input and changes, comfortable with the unexpected.
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work occasional evenings and weekends when needed.
- Team player/collaborative.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and car.
- Background checks and applicable clearances required.
EMPLOYER’S RIGHTS: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. This document contains Wayne Art Center confidential and proprietary information and is intended for Wayne Art Center internal use only, and is governed by Wayne Art Center’s employee confidentiality agreement.
Wayne Art Center does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.