JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Committed to the mission of Wayne Art Center, the Development Director works closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to coordinate and steward all development functions; including individual, foundation, corporate and government support, business sponsorship, special events and approved campaigns and initiatives that secure philanthropic support to meet the Center’s goals and objectives. Serving as an important and visible representative and ambassador, the Development Director identifies opportunities to strengthen Wayne Art Center’s resources and awareness in the community.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned.)
- With Executive Director and Board of Directors, establishes and is responsible for successful implementation of a development plan.
- Oversee all aspects of annual fundraising efforts to include, individual, foundation, corporate and government support, business sponsorship, special events and approved campaigns and initiatives.
- Works with Executive Director, board members, volunteers, and other designated individuals to identify major gift prospects and strategize and define donor cultivation and solicitation efforts.
- Oversee grants and monitor grant calendar; research grant funding prospects, support preparation and submission of letters of intent, grant proposals and final reports for local, state, federal, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Write compelling fundraising appeals, case statements, campaign brochures and copy for funding requests and relevant fundraising collateral.
- Ensure that all gifts are properly acknowledged in a timely manner and stewardship reports are submitted according to schedule.
- Engage in donor research and identify prospects who have the ability and inclination to provide support.
- Oversee and track gifts received and progress toward goals, prepare analytical reports and manage fund-raising data base, maintain all development and communication files.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, local business community and media to foster support of Wayne Art Center.
- Develop and execute strategies to acknowledge, steward and sustain donors through prospect relations, recognition activities, gift and pledge acknowledgements and donor listings.
- Identify, secure and sustain sponsorship prospects for special events, exhibitions, and educational programs. Strategize and develop sponsorship recognition strategies.
- With Executive Director and designated staff, plan and execute special events to meet/exceed established fundraising budgetary, cultivation and stewardship goals.
- With Executive Director and designated staff, coordinate the design and print of events-related publications.
- Supervise the recruitment, training, and involvement of volunteers for fund-raising events and work with volunteer committees to achieve approved event goals.
- Prepare final event reports with recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain all donor and prospect information in the strictest confidence.
REQUIRMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred in relevant discipline.
- 5+ years’ successful fundraising experience with proven results in the arts and cultural nonprofit sector in the areas of major gifts, annual campaigns, grant-writing and special event management.
- A passion for the arts and community engagement.
- A commitment to the mission, goals and policies of Wayne Art Center.
- Ability to effectively communicate the mission of Wayne Art Center and articulate an inspiring Case for Support that motivates donors and prospects to heightened levels of engagement and support.
- Proven ability to increase revenues through contributed income and commitment to raising and exceeding development goals set by Wayne Art Center.
- Proven experience in cultivating and stewarding donor relationships and raising funds at all levels; board, membership, volunteers, business and local community.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and ability to effectively and persuasively communicate Wayne Art Center’s goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to sustain, develop and strengthen relationships with key constituencies.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, WordPress, Mailchimp and donor relationship software.
- Appropriate and professional behavior dealing with multiple constituencies.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain a high degree of confidentiality and ability to identify and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Strong project management skills, highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and effective follow through on assignments.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, innovative and resourceful.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously and time efficiently. Results oriented with a strong work ethic.
- High energy with ability to work and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality performance.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration with all relevant constituencies.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings or weekends as required.
- Familiarity with Main Line donor community, residing within close proximity to Wayne Art Center preferred.
- All other duties as assigned by CEO.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.