Special Events and Marketing Manager
The Special Events and Marketing Manager works closely with the Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions and is responsible for the facilitation of all annual events. This is an exciting, rewarding, and multifaceted position for a dedicated arts professional who is driven to play a substantial role in broadening awareness of the Center to increase membership, student enrollments, and community participation while furthering the advancement of the arts in our community. This position serves under the direction of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute two major special fundraising events and other events that are scheduled throughout the year.
- Implement and manage special event program budget and track performance. Identify significant variances and recommend corrective actions to maintain and surpass annual fundraising goals.
- Identify, secure, and sustain business and patron sponsorship support to strengthen donor relations and meet special event fundraising goals.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with funding sources, community organizations, and community leaders.
- Cultivate and sustain involvement of students, and community members for committee participation.
- Serve as a staff liaison to Special Event Committees. Oversee committee meetings, coordinate member participation and communication efforts.
- Oversee donor acknowledgements and ensure timely communications with contributors.
- Coordinate development mailings and correspondence.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Executive Director.
- Conduct research and identify resources to help create quality and successful events; propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Oversee catering and production of events.
- Coordinate facility rentals and oversee rental calendar.
- Prepare, execute, and manage facility rental contracts.
- Coordinate daily volunteer schedule and assign tasks as required.
- Develop external communication strategies in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and execute the design and distribution of all print and digital promotional materials; catalogs, newsletters, special event mailings and related publications in concert with Executive Director and related staff.
- Schedule, draft, and place all news and media releases and images to exhibitions and special events.
- Administer and maintain the organization sponsor and donor database.
- Provide oversight and management of event volunteers, maintain proper records.
- Assist with preparation of reports for Board meetings and other data sharing opportunities.
- Serve as a public representative of the Wayne Art Center at the request of the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, fine arts, art history or arts administration preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the business operations of a cultural nonprofit or academic environment, preferable in development and communications.
- Experience with special event management and development of corporate sponsorship support.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation and cultivation techniques.
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and working with volunteers and volunteer committees.
- Budget/cost center and project management experience.
- Familiarity with Main Line community, residing in close proximity to Wayne Art Center preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills and ability to build relationships with key constituencies.
- Demonstrated understanding and strong belief in Wayne Art Center’s mission and strategic goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strict sensitivity to deadlines.
- Computer experience, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, fundraising software, and ability to adapt to new programs.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and traditional communications, public relations and event management.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team environment.
- Creative problem solver who enjoys new challenges.
- Tact and good judgement in handling confidential information.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s
Application Requirement: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.